Nominations open for Stadium Business Awards
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 ~ 12:28pm
Nominations are now open for the Stadium Business Awards 2010 – the first awards to recognise the achievements, innovation and professionalism in the stadium and major sports venue sector.
“We are looking for the safest, the smartest, the most customer-friendly and the greatest stadium experiences on the planet. We are also looking for the best stadium operators – the individuals that consistently deliver great sporting events and customer service – and for the latest industry innovations,” explains Ian Nuttall, Chair of the Stadium Business Awards panel. “We also want to identify the worst stadium on the planet – the one that really deserves renovating or demolition – and are looking for the most spectacular stadium management mistake, so that others can learn from their errors!”
“Anyone can nominate either an individual or a sports facility – they can even nominate themselves, or their own stadium. All entries will be considered on merit and will be judged by an independent panel of the industry’s leaders.”
Nominations for each of the 12 categories can be submitted now via www.stadiumbusinessawards.com.
The categories are:
- Team Player of the Year – for an individual who has delivered outstanding service, contribution and loyalty to a particular stadium, arena or sports venue.
- Innovation of the Year – a product or service that has uniquely transformed and improved the way stadiums and sports venues do business.
- The ‘Bulldozer Award’ – for the worst venue visitor experience, poor service or terrible sightlines – bring on the demolition crew.
- Sustainability Award – to recognise success in the pursuit of environmental and sustainable stadium and event management.
- Event of the Year – for the best stadium, arena or sports venue event in the last 12 months.
- Creativity – for achievement in innovative marketing, branding and sales activity
- The Backlash Award – for the management decision, marketing campaign or initiative that backfired most spectacularly.
- Matchday Experience – for the stadium, arena or sports venue that has delivered the best matchday experience with outstanding levels of customer service.
- Safety Award – recognising the continued effort to ensure the safety, comfort and security of sports venue customers.
- Unsung Hero – every sports venue has one of these... Tell us who’s the quiet achiever, the ever-reliable ‘behind-the-scenes’ fixer and the person that ‘just gets on with the job’. Who doesn’t get the recognition they deserve?
- Executive of the Year – who’s the sports venue leader, pioneer or visionary?
- Venue of the Year – for the world’s best stadium, arena or sports venue – from the small local club to the mega-capacity national sports facilities. Tell us which is the best stadium in the world and why?
Nominations close midnight 2 April 2010. All nominations will then be compiled into a dossier of shortlisted entries that will be presented to the Judging Panel for their review. The judging panel will meet on 16 June 2010 in Dublin for final adjudication. The winners of the awards will be announced during the Stadium Business Summit 2010 in Dublin, Ireland at a very special awards night in the Guinness Storehouse on 17 June 2010.